Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer won't find my printer.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Maxey243

Maxey243

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hello and thank you for reading this post.

What's the problem?

I connected my printer to the WiFi and it connected perfectly. I then went around to all of the computers and laptops around the house and tried to connect everything to the printer. I connected my dads laptop to the printer and my brothers laptop to the printer wireless. When I went to add my computer to the printer it could not find it. I went onto Start\Devices and Printers\add a printer then I chose the wireless option. When I did this on the other laptops in my home it found the printer almost instantly, however my computer has been looking for around 30 mins now and still hasn't found the printer. I have made sure the printer is connected to the internet, I made sure it was on, I reset my computer twice and still no luck. If someone could help me then I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Thank you.

*UPDATE - As soon as I disbaled my firewall it detected the printer. What do I need to allow to make sure I can enable my firewall and the printer still work?*

Edited by Maxey243, 21 November 2013 - 04:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 debg68

debg68

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Did you try checking the settings on your printers webpage?  Right click on your printer in devises and printers, click properties, web services and you should see a webpage address for the printer.  On my printer, there are firewall settings on the webpage.

#3 Maxey243

Maxey243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

Thank you for the reply. I didn't get a chance to try this method out because as I received the email notification saying someone has replied I managed to fix it by doing it a much longer way. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users