Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

qt4.dll file not found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cybertrouble101

cybertrouble101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Every time I boot up my computer I get a pop up message saying "qt4.dll file not found.  Then when I click on okay it says daemon process is not working.  What does this mean??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

There could be several possibilities. It could be a hardware, registry or malware related problem.

Start Windows in Safemode and do a complete virus/malware scan with your AV.

Use System Restore do undo any recent program changes.

Reinstall the program associated with .dll file. (Acrobat, may be associated with this file)

Run System File Checker by opening an elevated command prompt (Run as Administrator) then type sfc /scannow (note space between sfc and /scannow.)

If the above doesn't work, try updating Drivers and make sure you have the latest version.

Make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates, Service Packs and patches.

If the problem persists then more intensive tests should be ran including Memory and Hard Drive or try doing a Startup Repair or a Repair Installation.

Good Luck

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

qt4.dll is related to APple Quicktime, so reinstall or repair apple quicktime via the Programs and Features option in Control Panel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users