Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft .NET Framework and Visual

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Skippyroo

Skippyroo

• Banned
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Apologies if I have selected the wrong section.

As a result of a rather minor program needing MS .NET Framework, I thought no harm in installing it as the web says it is an up and coming requirement for future programs.

It took ages to install and gave me concern about the size of it. I count 796 MB on the listed 6 items which vary from versions 1 to 4. Also there is Microsoft Visual C+, 8 items varying from versions 2005 to 2010 and accounting for 55 MB - I don`t know where this came from. Is it included in MS.NET ?

Since this installation, my PC has slowed down significantly.

I do not really need all this MS .NET or Visual stuff. To delete all these superfluous programs in the normal way looks formidable, 14 program items and if a reboot is needed after every one, the time involved may be more than I have left in life. Is there a quick way of getting rid of all these programs and completely cleaning my PC of this installation mistake on my part ?
My experience of uninstalling is that residue is left behind and in this case I imagine there will be lots of it all over the place. Tend to consider Revo Uninstaller rather than the normal Windows method in order to clean out left-over rubbish.

I am aware that MS .NET and Visual do no harm and are more than likely beneficial in future terms, but I am sure they HAVE slowed my PC down significantly and I have no wish to have this huge MB addition to my hard drive, added to the fact I do not feel I need them.

Your comments will be gratefully appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users