Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to repair corrupted office and PDF files ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mj2000

mj2000

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

Hi all.

My computer was infected.

I have cleaned it completely, but many office and pdf files are corrupted and wont open. Even in another system.

I have tried many many repair programs that i in google searched but still no go.

Thanks for your help !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

Sorry you are having issues!

Honestly I am not sure, so this is just an idea...check the extension of the files and make sure they are still .pdf and .ppt or .doc. Sometimes when you are having issues, something could cause a change in the name of the file extension, and it will not open or if it is open, you are not able to save it (I had this happen yesterday in PowerPoint and something changed the file to a template extension .potx instead of .ppt).

After closing the application (Office or Adobe or other program), I would locate the file and check it has the right extension, and if not--change it manually. Sometimes changing the name of the file itself helps the application open it, so change the name of the file and/or extension if it is wrong and change the file name, then right click and attempt to Open With the correct program. 

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

You could try a Linux system, sometimes they will see straight through problems that MS systems can't...

I know it's a big ask, just throwing it out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users