Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail: "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, the protocall (call to)..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kranklebird

kranklebird

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address because the protocall (call to) isn't associated with any program"

Specifically when composing emails in gmail in the new compose window, Firefox (multiple tab sessions sometimes) suddenly completely crashes closing exiting all tabs but keeping one new browser window open that has a gray screen and the above error message in the middle.  I recently started using a signature which just has my name and phone number below it.  I noticed when I get to the bottom of an email toward the signature below the 3 little dots, this is when the crash tends to happen, although at other times I'm a couple lines above and it still occurs.

Could this be a javascript error maybe? 

It's starting to affect my work, because I send a lot of emails.  Any help is graciously appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kranklebird

kranklebird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

Help!  :grinner:

#3 kranklebird

kranklebird