Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No response

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hi.  I posted about a problem on 11/16.  Queen moved it to a different forum.  I didn't receive any help so I followed a tutorial that gave instructions of what to do, which I followed.  I understand that you all get real busy and maybe are short staffed at times.  I keep checking back.  I ran more scans.  Now things are worse, in addition to aartemis having hijacked my browsers, now conduit has as well.  Please explain to me why someone hasn't responded.  Did I do something wrong?  This is the only tech support group that I have ever utilized.  Thank you.

noonytunes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Your malware logs topic is currently 21st in line for a helper. All such topics are responded to, it's not possible to slip between the cracks even if your topic is no longer on the front page. During the holiday season we tend to develop a backlog of help requests. This is due both to the fact that many of our volunteers are travelling and also to the fact that we see a significant increase in the number of requests (e.g. when adult children visit their parents/grandparents and are conscripted into curing the family computer of malware, they tend to find their way to Bleeping Computer.)

A helper will get to your topic ASAP. Thank you for your patience!

Edited by Andrew, 20 November 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#3 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

Thank you so much for explaining.  It helps to understand that.

noonytunes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users