Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook file extension Question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 panthersfan25

panthersfan25

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hello All,

Looking at a full hard drive issue I noticed that the outlook folder was extremely large (108GB+), when I opened it I noticed the pst files and the normal outlook files, but there are 18 files that look like the following;

NAME                            DATE MODIFIED                        SIZE

SBSE___.7LD                       11/15/2013                            9,091,449 KB

SBSE___.7P7                        5/25/2013                             3,138,953 KB

SBSE___.9QC                       3/28/2013                             8,147,313 KB

SBSE___.38C                        6/14/2013                             8,488,809 KB

SBSE___.43C                        7/8/2013                               3,359,921 KB

ETC. ETC.

ETC. ETC.

This goes on for 18 different files, when I googled the extensions, they say they are unknown file extensions.  This account uses IMAP, are these something to do with the folders he created in outlook?  Do you think I am safe to delete them?

Also, we use a program called SyncbackSE to backup all of the files, and they are bringing over everything but these 18 files, they will not transfer, almost like it doesn't even know they are there, and these are not hidden files.

Any ideas what they are and if I can delete them?

Thanks!!

Brent 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users