Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows will not fully load

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moe_P

Moe_P

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hi, My wife's HP computer will not fully load all items in the system tray, it is on a wireless network connection that connects to this computer but on start up it will not load the connection icon, it was fine yesterday, also will not load the speaker icon, it loads Avira and win patrol and that's it.

Also should state that the USB mouse froze up while she was using the computer, I shut it down and changed the mouse, now I have the problem stated above. 

Running XP home SP3

Edited by Moe_P, 20 November 2013 - 11:15 AM.

Moe_P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Try running the chkdsk /r command (first)...followed by the defrag function....to see if it's merely a question of file maintenance being needed.

Louis

#3 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

And there's my boss's favorite method, system restore.  May not work, but can't hurt anything.

#4 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

Sorry about the delay, but I got it running, had to redo the network connection and all is well now.

Thanks.

Moe_P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users