Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, any reason my post has received no help?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dolphin6476

dolphin6476

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

I know you say not to bump or duplicate post, but my post even got picked up as forgotten by a bleeping computer helpbot, I posted a new log, and still nothing. Did it go to the back of the queue again for some reason?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513893/malwarebytes-found-pupoptionalconduita/

If the reason noone has bothered to help is that on reviewing the logs I posted helpers think my problem is solved, then please, can you actually let me know, that would be really helpful ! I had to try and progress some resolution myself (by reading other peoples solutions and running tools myself), as I needed to use the PC, but I would still appreciate someone reviewing the logs to tell me whether they think the problems are solved, whether there are any other problems I am not aware of, and whether I am OK to clean up and removal the tools used, and any advice on how to do this.

I think the problem with the firefox shockwave plugin crashing I have solved, so I do not think it is a symptom of some residual malware issue:

"Warning:  Unresponsive Plugin

Shockwave Flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.  You can stop the plug now, or you can continue to see if the plugin will complete."

I noticed plugin-hang-ui.exe running under processes list on Task Manager. I did not disable this, which is what some chat on the forums suggests. I identified that the space on the c drive was low. It still had gigabtyes free, but not many. Disk space free was between four and five GB, but I have RAM of 8GB.

I noticed the event viewer showed this: "Error: volmgr [49]  - Configuring the Page file for crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page file on the boot partition and that is large enough to contain all physical memory." and wondered whether the lack of C drive space had anything to do with the flash plugin hitting problems also. Having ensured that space on the C drive is now around 12GB, the problem with the shockwave plugin stopping responding has gone away. When videos are maximised and minimised there still can be a brief pause, but there is no crash.

I noticed after solving the plugin issue myself, others have noted the problem: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/955286

However despite this issue being solved, I would still appreciate someone looking over the logs I previously posted to see if conduit has been successfully removed, and whether any other issues are present, and suggest what clean up actions to take to remove the tools I have run in my previous post.

Edited by dolphin6476, 20 November 2013 - 07:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hello, dolphin6476

Please be patient as we are all volunteers. Your topichttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513893/malwarebytes-found-pupoptionalconduita/ is in the next set of Topics to be looked at. I will now close this topic as it is a duplicate topic.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users