Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi and greetings to all @ BC.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robrad925

robrad925

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

I've been a member here at BC.com for some time, but I've always read the forums & other areas and never posted. That's probably because this is one of the most friendly and resource rich PC sites available, so there's little penalty to staying silent on the margins.

If asked I would call myself a tech enthusiast who knows just enough about computers to say I don't know anything! I built my own computer about 18 months ago and I continue to upgrade and add to it today. That hobby started when I was forced to install a new motherboard on my 3 boy's Gateway PC, to which I have since added more memory, a new HDD and an upgrade to W7. Besides my PC and the kid's PC our household also has an Asus laptop w/I5 & 6gb of ram, 2 printers and a PS3. These are all brought together somewhat by a Linksys E4200 v.2 router. I say somewhat because I'm still weak at networking, as evidenced by a Netgear ReadyNAS DUO v.2 that still sits virtually unopened in the box. I also tread lightly around command prompts because coded language is about as familiar to me as Greek or Chinese. A number of months ago I might have said I'm also a lightweight against a malware attack, but that's not the case (as much) anymore since I beat back the last two attacks that came my way. Of course, that begs the question concerning my ability to maintain good security in my network, to which I say I'm still not strong enough...yet.

In the future I don't plan to stay silent on the margins so expect to see my posts seeking help with a Windows OS that won't load or a HDD that was accidentally erased during a cloning operation. If you remember go ahead and say Hi! and I'll try to remember to do the same.

Best Computing to all,

Bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer Bob! :welcome:

I read your introduction with amazement, that you only show one post under your status and yet you've been a member of our team for a long time now. There's nothing wrong with be a reader before you become a publisher. It often helps make things easier by learning from others and along the way learning a decent posting style based on what you learn from the other members here. I encourage you to volunteer your time as you feel fit to do so and I am sure that what ever you have to contribute to BC will be worth my time and interest to read it.

Kind regards..

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users