Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Optiplex 745 SFF Solid Orange light no start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dbanks1324

dbanks1324

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Ok so i have an Optiplex 745 Small Form Factor that i have been working with and to start it would not boot up at all.  It would cycle power on then back off continuously.  So opened it up and had several capacitors bad on the motherboard so i replaced the board.  And put another Power Supply in it as well.  Now I still get the Solid amber power buttton light but everything sounds like the hard drive is booting and CDROM will work but there is no display and the fan runs wide open.  Never gets to the BIOS or anything.  The power switch still works to cut on and off, at a dead end with it for i have 2 of these in the closet i would like to get running.  Thanks for any input

Dbanks1324

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

have you checked the memory? take them out and boot up. Replace one at a time to determine if a

stick is bad (if at all)

#3 dbanks1324

dbanks1324
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

yes I have tried both sticks and still nothing. it never boots up, no screen either. starts to sound like it's gonna boot up, but the fan kicks on high and nothing

have you checked the memory? take them out and boot up. Replace one at a time to determine if a
stick is bad (if at all)

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

Try removing the hard drive along with the optical drive's power/data cable and check again. Remove the PSU mobo power connecter and CMOS battery then press power button for 30 seconds. Reattach the mobo power connector and CMOS battery and leave the drives first then try powering up. Any changes?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users