Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 drj020

drj020

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hi, I am John and not well versed with technology.  I have been having problems with my laptop and came accross this site.  I am hoping to slowly learn and become independent somewhat when dealing with computer challenges.

Thanks everyone,

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer John! :welcome:

You came to the right place for what information you seek. We have a pretty knowledgeable group of people at BC who'd like nothing better than to help you learn more about your laptop and how to keep it running in tiptop shape. :thumbup2: 

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 drj020

drj020
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

I followed instructions given with my problem and now my computer does not show any desktop items.  It says they are unavailable...............what do I do now???  I cannot access anything..........

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

You have posted here in Malware Removal Logs http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514764/possibly-hijacked/

Since your logs have been posted

Please refrain from asking for further help from other members or staff until the Malware Removal Team has checked your posted log. The Malware Removal Team work very hard to investigate a unique solution to your problem and you will receive individual expert assistance. This takes time and effort so we ask you to please be patient while waiting for assistance and NOT to make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member. Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team.

To avoid any unneccessary help by others this topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users