my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
- First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
- Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
- If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
- Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
- Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
- If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
- Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
- My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
You told us that you removed several items with Malwarebytes´ Antimalware. This tool creates a log on every run and we need to see them.
- The logs can be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
- Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
- Zip any and all of these logs and attach the file to your next reply.
Scan with TDSS-Killer
Please read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.
Download TDSSKiller.exe and save it to your desktop
- Execute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
- Press Start Scan
- If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Copy to quarantine. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
- Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txt
Please post the contents of that log in your next reply.
Scan with aswMBR
Please download aswMBR ( 4.5MB ) to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe icon, and click Run.
- There will be a short delay before the next dialog box comes up. Please just wait a minute or two.
- When asked if you'd like to "download the latest Avast! virus definitions", click Yes.
- Typically this is about a 100MB download so depending on your connection speed it can take a short while to download and become ready.
- Click the Scan button to start the scan once the update has finished downloading
- On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop, then copy and paste it in your next reply.
There will also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat
do not delete this for now. It is an actual backup of the MBR (master boot record
Click on start-->control panel.
Vista/7: Open Programs and Features
XP: Open add/remove programs
Search for and remove the following programs
Best Buy pc app
Deals Plugin Extension
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Close the window.