Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can someone tell me what this is ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jziggyp

jziggyp

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

This is on my computer , Is it lagit and do you have any idea where/who this came from ?  I noticed ot when I ran TCP veiw and Auto Runs..   Is this something that could have been installed with a new browser . I haven't change anything that pertains to setting up a proxy as far as I know .

Adpeak Service

AdpeakProxy

C:\Program Files\ScorpionSaver Services\AdpeakProxy.exe

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 December 2013 - 09:55 AM.
moved from Vista

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Please download AdwCleaner and run it.

An image like the one below will open, click on Scan.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.  Click on Ok.

When cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jziggyp

jziggyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

Thanks , I have already removed it by running adwcleaner and other programs . I also found another process associated with this on Process explorer .. Can't remember the name completely now .. Something like --- level (something) 64.exe  and the same for 32.exe .   I think This garbage was installed when I was looking for another browser and decided to check one called web freer browser. When I downloaded it --I think from c-net  nothing seemed to happen and I ended up with problems after the download. I think I have everything cleared out from this . 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

Third party software bundled in downloads has become a common practice, to the extent that I add the following information with any suggested download except for those here at Bleeping Computer.  If you do the Epress (recommended) installation the third party software will automatically be installed.  If you choose to use the Custom Installation (advanced) each of the third party software will usually appear one at a time with a check mark already added to install the software, you must remove the check mark if you do not want this software installed.

bundled_zps943899be.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 jziggyp

jziggyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Ok after running many of the security / malwarebytes, super antispyware ,JRT, ADWARE CLEANER, MICRO. SECURITY ESSENTIALS, AVAST ANTIVIRUS and assorted other programs from bleeping computer to remove this problem .. I also searched for any other files or signs of this and remove what I found ... Well last night I was running malwarebytes and it found it again .....   adpeak.exe , levelqualitywatcher and a few others that pertained to the same problem.. Malwarebytes deleted them all supposedly .. I just ran adware again and it found levelqualitywatcher again and supposedly cleaned it ....    Why did this come back again and any idea as to where it is hiding and reactivating itself from ..  It appears to be slowing down my computer and I beleive it has changed other settings .....

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Try running Malwarebytes in Chameleon mode.

1. Please open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

2. Click on More Tools, then open click on Chameleon.

3. An image like the one below will appear on your screen. Follow the instructions to get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running.

Chameleon_zpsfd335ac6.png

#7 jziggyp

jziggyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Thatvs one I have not tried .. Running now .. we will see what it brings !

Try running Malwarebytes in Chameleon mode.

1. Please open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

2. Click on More Tools, then open click on Chameleon.

3. An image like the one below will appear on your screen. Follow the instructions to get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running.

Chameleon_zpsfd335ac6.png

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

You don't need to quote my previous posts. :thumbup2:

#9 jziggyp

jziggyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

OK, I'll stop on the quotes !

Found nothing on Chameleon .. It may be gone but I don't trust my computer at the moment ... If it reappears again I will be reformating it back to original .

Thanks for your replies Aracibutyrophobia.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'm going to suggest that this topic be moved to the Am I Infected forum as it looks like this may be an infection.

dc3

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Level quality watcher, ad peak, scorpion,national zoom, wsys control,  (and anything else that is unknown to you) etc.........When you uninstall them from Control panel (add/remove), do they uninstall properly??

If they Don't.......run this.....http://support.microsoft.com/Mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/

then uninstall again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/uninstall-a-program-in-windows/ worth a read )

If you meet with no success following the above steps, there are other measures we can take which WILL get rid of these pests.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

About those Toolbars and Add-ons which change your browser settings - Removal Tips
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users