Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sorry It appears you are using a browser that is not supported

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Beach

Mrs Beach

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

I clicked on a link and immediately avast popped up saying a threat was detected. I ran a scan with avast and found nothing. Scanned with Malwarebytes and found two infected files at which I deleted them. However, since then I have been having trouble loading pages off and on and sometimes wont even load my Yahoo home page. Going into Words With Friends on Facebook I get this message when loading ..

Sorry It appears you are using a browser that is not currently supported. Please use one of the following:

Chrome 8+

Firefox 3.6+

Safari 3.2+

Internet Explorer 7+

I have always used Internet Explorer 7 with no problems up until now.

I have a Toshiba Laptop using Windows 7

64bit

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

Often infections with malware by just visiting a site involves the exploit of a program such as Java and the Adobe products such as Reader and Flash not

having the latest security updates.

Suggest you check those programs for latest updates. For Java, open the control panel and choose the Java coffee cup icon and then the update tab.

After updating, go to Add/ Remove and delete ALL old versions of Java.

For the Adobe products, open them and check for updates.

After doing that, I suggest you start a new topic using the directions in this link: Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum - BleepingComputer.com

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 TriggerJinxed

TriggerJinxed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

Also, are you sure you're using IE7?  I thought Windows 7 came with IE8...  In any case, this link might prove a little helpful. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-8

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. ~Stephen Hawking

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

FWIW:  I use IE 8 on my XP install and occasionally I will visit a site and encounter the "browser not supported" message.  I just ignore them, since I don't like the idea that I have that a given website has partnered with Google (usually the download/install option offered) to spread Chrome usage.

I also tend to think, based on looking situations reported in these forums...that Chrome is the worst browser choice that a member can make and I don't like being pushed to use it.

Louis

#5 Mrs Beach

Mrs Beach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

I am sorry I am actually using Internet Explorer 11 (oops) ... I did all those things and still having the same problem. When I first try to go to the home page on yahoo it will not connect and show the screen you get when there is a connection problem .. I have no connection problem but troubleshoot anyway and it finds no problem. If I refresh or reload the page it then comes up. Same with Facebook .. first try it comes up all jumbled with no pictures .. I reload and it comes up better with only a few pictures not loading here and there. I will start a new topic as instructed just wanted to let you know I told you wrong about the IE7

Also .. I tried loading through chrome and had the same results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users