Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FN+F2xF3for increase/decrease display backlight luminosity in win xp not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 strobl.r

strobl.r

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hi, I have notebook HP 655 with Windows XP SP3, NetFramework 3.5 

My FN keys for changing intensity of backlight of screen not working. Any other FN keys are working correctly. 

I have the nevest driver for AMD Radeon HD 7310 graphic card which is used in this laptop, I also tried HP Hotkey Support and HP Quick Launch Button - this software just add an information panel for changing volume of sound.

Microsoft Support said me that i have to contact HP official support, and HP said me that Windows XP is no more supported. I saw on some forums that many people have the same problem but no solved.

Using Catalist software i can change brightness (it looks very bad) but no backlight intensity. 

I'm helpless now. I tried everything. In windows 7 this functions worked correctly but this computer in not so good for using better system then xp it was wery slow. Please help me. 

Backlight intensity is automaticly changing for example when I plug or unplug the charger. So just these keys not working. I need to change the intensity for saving my battery and my eyes, because the intensity is on maximum with charger. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users