Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

icloud & outlook 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dumbdude

dumbdude

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

I have windows 7 and outlook 2010 on a PC. When linking to icloud and enabling it to synch with icloud, icloud took the contacts off my computer (at least it seems that way). In trying to resolve the issue and talking with Apple and Omnitech, a variety of solutions were tried. I now have all my contacts in the right categories showing up on my PC, but it appears that they are not on the PC but in the cloud. My goal is to copy one of my categories, mailing list, into a  new separate folder in the folder list in order to use it to merge with Word and make labels. In the past, I could right click on the mailing list category and drag it to the new folder that I created. It would then ask if I wanted it to copy the file there or move it. I copied it to the new folder and then was able to merge it with word. Currently, when I try to drag the file to the folder, it indicates that this action can not be done. It appears to me that the reason this is occurring is that the contact file is in the cloud not on the computer.  ?? I would like to create a file with my contacts on the PC with the contacts in the right categories and not duplicating what is currently showing up from the cloud. I believe once I do this I will again be able to copy the category to the new folder.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users