Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to use GPG with GMail?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

I want to know whether, i can use GPG in GMail. Is Mailvelope the only option and is it safe to trust Mailvelope. Please let me know Thunderbird with Enigmail add-on is a better option than Mailvelope and MyMail-Crypt. thankyou in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

I am Mainly concerned about my system security. Is it safe to use Mailvelope as the Encryption is done online.thankyou.

#3 Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

I have to answer this myself with the little knowledge, i gained practically.In my opinion the best option is using GPG manually on your system and by opting this option encrypting and decrypting becomes a bit time consuming but believe me it is the safest option. And if we want to automatically encrypt or decrypt that is OTFE the best option available as per my practical experience is using Mozilla Thunderbird with Engmail as a addon. After using this option i am more than satisfied. Any other option or online encryption and decryption seems to me to be a bit risky as you have to believe what they promise but who knows how many back doors are present and how many people are holding the keys to these doors. thankyou.

#4 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

I second that! A system like enigmail for Thunderbird would be excellent!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users