Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Power

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wallsfrank

wallsfrank

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:50 PM

yes i have hp pavilion 7920 that has no power at all. what happen is i went on vacation in dec 2005 and unplug everything from the wall and the phone line and i came home on april 29 and hook it all back up and it came on i went to sign on to sbc and the power went poof can anyone help me with this i have change plugs unhook the hard drive and hook it back up but nothing help any help will be appreciated walls frank357 :thumbsup:

(Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 02 May 2006 - 08:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 awg1011

awg1011

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:15 PM

Did you make sure you have power at the outlet. :thumbsup:

#3 wallsfrank

wallsfrank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

yes check and plug other thing that worked in the outlet

#4 awg1011

awg1011

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

Are you using a Backup, surge supressor, and/or line conditioner and make sure you have power on from them?

Some computer power supplies have breakers, and power switches on them, did you check that?

Just want to make sure you didn't miss something simple.

#5 wallsfrank

wallsfrank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:39 PM

yes i mean the montor works just no power to the tower what so ever i took it off of the power protecter and plug it in to a out let

#6 wallsfrank

wallsfrank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:56 AM

i still need help with this anyone else want to give it a shot

#7 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:04 AM

Are there any lights on your motherboard (mobo) that light up when you switch the power supply on?

Check the back of your case at the top. Look for a switch (probably black, NOT red with numbers on it!). Flick the switch one time and try powering on your computer. Any lights on the mobo yet? If not, flick the switch back and try powering on again. If the switch is labeled, make sure it's in the "ON" position. I know it's a simple thing, but I've done it myself (forgot to turn it on and wondered why it wouldn't work!).

Be specific when replying please. If this doesn't work, then you might have to replace your power supply.

Oh, go back through and check all the connections for all the wires for your entire machine...inside and out. Make sure that they're seated (connected) properly, specially the one's leading from your power supply to your mobo. Also make sure that the power wire that plugs into your power supply from the wall outlet is plugged in all the way.

Hope this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users