To enter Safe Mode:: Either follow the instructions in the link i provided :
Or...(thank you Grinler)
- Restart your computer.
- When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
- Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
- Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
- Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode
Your scan results from Notepad will be saved there also....attempt to copy and paste them to your post, while you are in safe mode.
While you are still safe mode ::
Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* Do not reboot until instructed.
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to your desktop.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the finish of the installation, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. <<< most important )
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here in your next Reply
Be sure to restart the computer Now
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Rebooting after running MBAM will have taken your PC back to normal mode. Please run MBAM again in normal mode.
After it has rebooted.....See if Copy and paste will work
Condobloke ...Outback Australian
fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3 EXCLUSIVELY.
Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...
It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy