Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is acting very strange

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

I am brand new person and hope I am doing the right thing here. My daughter and I are bought in college and last week we couldn't access the internet because the pc tower was making a loud clicking sound. So, we tried for about 2 days and just couldn't do anything so I decided to use the disk it came with to try and repair, it wouldn't let me do that, so I tried to restore to an earlier date and it wouldn't let me do that either. I have to restore factory settings which took 2 days to do this. I believe that the disk I have has been infected as well. Before I posted to this forum I looked over your downloads and downloaded "Show hidden" items and another before I decided that I didn't know what I was doing.  So, this is how I landed in this forum. I tried to install my hp printer back and it kept giving me a fatal error. I had to go to hp.com and that was the only way I could get my printer installed.  Before my re-install I had an antivirus program which didn't catch what ever it was on this computer. Please note that the hidden log show several items that are hidden. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

:welcome:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

Here is what you requested.

Thanks

Attached Files

#4 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,315 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

I don't see any issues in those reports. Does the computer has a hardware diagnostic tool? Usually HP computer includes an application by PC Doctor to perform hardware diagnostics.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#5 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Yes it does I believe not sure how to find out.

Thanks

#6 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,315 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

I believe you have to tap on F9 or F11 during Startup to engage the Diagnostic Feature.

Keep me posted.

btn_donate_SM.gif

#7 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

I have a question. I am doing my homework and all of a sudden I keep getting this error message. What is it?

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to strayer.mindedgeonline.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to strayer.mindedgeonline.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

I hope that this is not true where someone is tampering with my connections but know I can't acess my homework site again. UGGGH!!

Edited by justmeandmycomputer, 23 November 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#8 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,315 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Bypassing the warning

You should only bypass the warning if you're confident in both the identity of the website and the integrity of your connection - even if you trust the site, someone could be tampering with your connection. Legitimate public sites will not ask you to add connection rule exceptions - an invalid certificate can be an indication of a web page that will defraud you or steal your identity.

1. On the warning page, click I Understand the Risks.
  2. Click Add Exception.... The Add Security Exception dialog will appear.
  3. Read the text describing the problems with this site.
  4. Click Confirm Security Exception if you want to trust the site.

btn_donate_SM.gif

#9 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I have a question. I don't have the proper neccessities for my computer such as antivirus or spyware on my computer. Can you give me recommedations to stop what happen to my computer before. I have trojan after trojan and I don't think this computer will ever be right. My computer is telling me I don't have any preventive software.  THanks

#10 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,315 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

I would recommend AVAST as an antivirus and Malwarebytes as an antimalware.

btn_donate_SM.gif

#11 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

I have downloaded both of those programs. I hope everything runs ok now. Do I need something to clean out my history daily?

#12 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,315 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Here are some suggestions.
  • Always keep your JAVA updated. Older versions will make your computer vulnerable.
  • Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed. The standard registry backup options that come with Windows back up most of the registry but not all of it. ERUNT however creates a complete backup set, including the Security hive and user related sections. ERUNT is easy to use and since it creates a full backup, there are no options or choices other than to select the location of the backup files. The backup set includes a small executable that will launch the registry restore if needed.
To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Miekiemoes.

Best wishes! :hello:

btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users