Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"The server's security certificate is revoked!" when using Chrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 markrobson

markrobson

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi there. An expert in the malware forums advised me to repost my issue here in the hope that someone will be able to help me.

I have been receiving the message "The server's security certificate is revoked!" when trying to access certain sites in Google Chrome. It appears to be sites with the https prefix, including Facebook, Paypal and Soundcloud. I encounter a similar problem when using Internet Explorer but not when using Firefox.

The full message reads: "You attempted to reach paypal.com, but the certificate that the server presented has been revoked by its issuer. This means that the security credentials the server presented absolutely should not be trusted. You may be communicating with an attacker.

You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain."

In case it is of any use, my earlier thread can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513739/the-servers-security-certificate-is-revoked-when-using-chrome/#entry3210552

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

try this first:

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

are your updates the latest, are their any pending security updates?

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

What date / time is your computer showing ?  Certificates only have a limited time duration and your computer checks them against what it believes is the time and date. A few minutes error is not important, but you may find your date and time is way out. Set it to the correct values.

A very commom cause of this problem is a failing CMOS battery and the cure is to replace it.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users