Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Critical Help Needed: Dependency Service or group failed to start

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bdeleon

bdeleon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi,

We have an HP computer with Windows 7 OS system installed on it.  The workstation is where our inventory and ID database resides.  We have a Kaspersky Anti -Virus installed.   It caught a trojan virus and deleted some files.  I have attached a screen shot of the events.

Attached File  Capture2.JPG   94.72KB   0 downloads

However, as it stands now the Network and Sharing Center in the computer is not able to view any basic network information  :unsure: and has the message "unknown" :scratchhead: .  In addition, it gives the error message  "Dependency service or group failed to start".    Can anyone please assist me with this problem?  Reformatting and reinstalling the computer is not an option.  Any help and guide is highly appreciated. :bowdown:

Attached File  Capture1.JPG   42.95KB   0 downloads

I've also download and ran some anti malwares softwares, antivirus and scanner reports.  They  are as follows:

Farbar Service Scanner

Attached File  FSS.txt   3.69KB   1 downloads

Junkware Removal Tool

Attached File  JRT.txt   1.46KB   1 downloads

Kaspersky TDSSKiller

Attached File  KasperskyTDSSkiller.txt   97.56KB   0 downloads

Root Kill

Attached File  Rkill.txt   3.13KB   0 downloads

Malware Byte

Attached File  mbam-log-2013-11-18 (11-17-59).txt   1.9KB   0 downloads

RKill

Attached File  Rkill.txt   3.13KB   0 downloads

Thanks you very much,

bdeleon

Edited by hamluis, 18 November 2013 - 06:49 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users