Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Service Repair Fixes Internet Connections Exploits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SpyCatcher*

SpyCatcher*

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

hi ya’ all,

So this morning I wanted to start my day with some music from my bookmarks; to my big disappointment the internet connections icon in system tray indicated that “there is no cable connections”. I thought, hum, what could be now the problem!? Internet connection worked great when I shutdown my laptop last night!

So after giving it a little thought I did the following:

• Checked cable at both ends; were good connected
  • Removed both cable ends from laptop and router then reconnected; still no internet
  • Checked the telephone; its connected to internet
  • Checked Internet Adapter driver; no problem
  • Hum
  • :idea:  when Oh My helped me with removing infections he used some programs to repair the internet connection. One of them was Service Repair (sorry, couldn’t find a link). So I ran it and to my great joy it fixed the problem in less than 5 min.

I thought great I could now enjoy some music and connect to this great forum. I was so happy.

Though I’ve a busy schedule ahead; I just wanted to get this message across in case some one encounter this problem. I would like also to thank Oh My and the Creator of this great program, and will be donating for sure when I have a new laptop with secure banking and will be doing online payments for the first time.

One side note:

I wondered how did I get infected again!?       

• I don’t go to bad sites (to my knowledge)
  • WOT Scorecard and Dr. Web Link Checker are on my Context Menu and I make a good use of them

Then I thought:

• Last definitions of Avast is 131116-1, thought I’ve been trying to update it many times everyday (this morning 3 times already) but with no success
  • I configured Speccy to run when laptop starts
  • Last night I visited for the first time some good outstanding forums; but in some of them I’d to disable NoScript to view content. Come to think of it now I didn't think of running Sandboxie

So I’m still wondering if this has to do with the problem. I’ll be doing some scanning and will see :busy:

Thanks for reading,

Thomas

in the middle of the night

i found my self awake

floating in a void

i was so happy

and realized was not alone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

What did I just read?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 SpyCatcher*

SpyCatcher*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

:grinner:

in the middle of the night

i found my self awake

floating in a void