hi ya’ all,
So this morning I wanted to start my day with some music from my bookmarks; to my big disappointment the internet connections icon in system tray indicated that “there is no cable connections”. I thought, hum, what could be now the problem!? Internet connection worked great when I shutdown my laptop last night!
So after giving it a little thought I did the following:
- Checked cable at both ends; were good connected
- Removed both cable ends from laptop and router then reconnected; still no internet
- Checked the telephone; its connected to internet
- Checked Internet Adapter driver; no problem
- when Oh My helped me with removing infections he used some programs to repair the internet connection. One of them was Service Repair (sorry, couldn’t find a link). So I ran it and to my great joy it fixed the problem in less than 5 min.
I thought great I could now enjoy some music and connect to this great forum. I was so happy.
Though I’ve a busy schedule ahead; I just wanted to get this message across in case some one encounter this problem. I would like also to thank Oh My and the Creator of this great program, and will be donating for sure when I have a new laptop with secure banking and will be doing online payments for the first time.
One side note:
I wondered how did I get infected again!?
- I don’t go to bad sites (to my knowledge)
- WOT Scorecard and Dr. Web Link Checker are on my Context Menu and I make a good use of them
Then I thought:
- Last definitions of Avast is 131116-1, thought I’ve been trying to update it many times everyday (this morning 3 times already) but with no success
- I configured Speccy to run when laptop starts
- Last night I visited for the first time some good outstanding forums; but in some of them I’d to disable NoScript to view content. Come to think of it now I didn't think of running Sandboxie
So I’m still wondering if this has to do with the problem. I’ll be doing some scanning and will see
Thanks for reading,