Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pls help: Dell vostro shuts down randomly even when case temperature is normal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nanta

nanta

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

http://m.bestofmedia.com/sfp/images/design/noimg/no-profil-100x100.jpg

Hi,

I have a Dell Vostro 3500; have been using it for around 3years;
Usage is moderate (browsing and sometimes games and movies) as have a different system for office work

It used to shut down randomly due to overheating; case temperature gets soo high u can fry an egg.

Solved this by cleaning fan with air pump and thermal paste. Case temperature now never gets beyond mild warm even during extended use; fan noise has reduced significantly but system still shuts down randomly infact more frequent than before.

Used softwares like CPUID HM Monitor and Hardware sensors monitor to see whats going wrong. Sensors and software seem to be accurate

I can see that CPU core temps are stable at 40C; barely go above 60C

but motherboard and GPU temperatures are reaching well above 102C when I play a video; stay there for 2 min then come down to 80C while the video is still playing.

The avg. idle temp for GPU(Nvidia GForce 310M) and motherboard is around 85C. When I use many video applications together(like Skype, VLC media player, youtube), system shuts down; i haven't been able to capture the temperature at which the system shuts down.

Pls help. Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks.
-Nanta

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users