Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Mail Text Won't Print

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 advocatus diaboli

advocatus diaboli

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Last April and May I had no problem to print one or multiple pages of Live mail text.
Now all that shows is the From: Date: To: Subject: at the top of the page, and
the date at the bottom left corner. The text in between is absent, there is just
a great blank space in between.
Before this problem occurred Windows wanted me to download Skype to access MSN
but I already had Skype installed, and I never used it. So I uninstalled the MSN and the Skype and since April every time I turn the computer on Windows spams me with a request to download Skype
which is a 100% money back guarantee I will never buy (ಠ_ಠ) another Windows product.

I searched the internet by placing this into my browser without the quotes:
"Windows Live Mail Text Won't Print"  
and got this:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-358304.html  
 that was useless

,,,and this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie7_6-windows_xp/why-wont-windows-live-print-body-text-of-emails/83971d8c-fbd5-4ee1-b938-678e1055629c
which gave this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail?tab=all
that was useless

...and this:
http://www.justanswer.com/printers/6qnt1-cannot-print-windows-live-mail-printer-epson-stylus-photo-rx-630-the-main.html
that was useless

If I forward the unprintable Live Mail to my Gmail account it prints fine. Ditto for my inbox.com email account.  So it is not my computer or printer.

I am running a Windows XP 32 bit Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1547 : Service Pack 3) and a Canon MP 240 printer
A remedy would be much appreciated, thank you. :flowers:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

What happens if you send an email to yourself to WIndows Live Mail and see if you can print it out? It very well could be an issue with your computer and the type of font used to send an email and how it is rendered in Windows Life Mail.

So send 3 different emails 1) Rich Text 2) HTML, and 3) Plain Text try and print.

Also what happens when you try and right click on the email and select view source.

#3 advocatus diaboli

advocatus diaboli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thank you,

What happens if you send an email to yourself to WIndows Live Mail and see if you can print it out? It very well could be an issue with your computer and the type of font used to send an email and how it is rendered in Windows Life Mail.

I sent a Live mail email to another of my Live mail accounts in Arial font 12 point and it was received as Arial 12 point and the print preview is still a blank page. I sent that next to a Gmail account and the print shows in the preview.

When I sent it back to Live mail the print disappears in the preview.

So send 3 different emails 1) Rich Text 2) HTML, and 3) Plain Text try and print.
I can not figure out how to do any of the 3 with Live mail.

Also what happens when you try and right click on the email and select view source.
When I do that I obtain as in the photo. There is no "view source" showing.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Try using another font like Times New Roman or Courier and see if you can get it to print.

Also when you select the message to view can you read the text or is that blank as well?

#5 advocatus diaboli

advocatus diaboli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

I sent a Live mail email to another of my Live mail accounts in Arial font 12 point and it was received as Arial 12 point and the print preview is the blank page. I sent that next to Gmail and the print show in the preview.     

When I sent it back to Live mail the print disappears in the preview.

So send 3 different emails 1) Rich Text 2) HTML, and 3) Plain Text try and print.I can not figure out how to do any of the 3 with Live mail.

When I do that I get as in the 2 photos.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2654/7p5p.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5234/y0vy.jpgAttached File  2 Right Click & View Results .pdf   380.94KB   1 downloads

Attached Files

#6 advocatus diaboli

advocatus diaboli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

Sent from a Live mail account with Times New Roman and received at another Live mail account with Times New Roman the print preview showed no script. The script shows when ordinary viewing.

I think there is something wrong with all three of my Live mail accounts. They use to let me send six photos 3 years ago now they only allow only two. My Gmail accounts allows 12 to 15 photos at a time.

Thanks again :)

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users