Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloads replaced by .tmp files and unable to find some infected files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lullay

Lullay

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hi and thank you for reading me :)

Several days ago, I launched a in-depth scan with avast! and a few problems popped-up. Most of them were called PUP and were located in my Temporary Internet Files. I found the ones for IE and deleted them but I don't know if Mozilla has its own separate files. Furthermore, one identified as a trojan was located in my Windows Defender scans file (I have the name of the specific infected file if that might help) but I can't find it and even if I did, I don't know what to do with it. Do I just delete it or do I have to do anything else ?

Also prior to that scan, I had very bad network connexion problems. I basically couldn't have access to the web for one of those three reasons :

- Home network but no Internet access

- Unidentified network with Internet access

- Unidentified network and no Internet access

Someone suggested that I might be infected so I did the scan. Now after that, my connexion is much better but not flawless, so I'm wondering if those PUP's might have something to do with it.

Lastly, I've been trying to download .exe files from several hosting sites and everytime I do, in the last few seconds of my download, Mozilla freezes. Seconds later, the file is supposedly on my computer and what I find instead is a file named trzF636.tmp The problem only ever comes with hosting sites and it's K-I-L-L-I-N-G me !

So yeah, those are basically all of my problems and I don't know if I'm really infected because now, when I scan my computer, nothing shows up ! I've just invested in a better A/V program but I'd like to get rid of any potential threat before I install anything new.

I hope I was clear enough in my explanation and if not, do feel free to ask me any question :) I'd feel very grateful to anyone who can help :)

Edited by Lullay, 17 November 2013 - 07:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Hello Lullay  -
First PUP = Potentially Unwanted Program (usually a minor problem or unwanted add-on)
As a rule, you can delete these -

"trzF636.tmp" is a randomly named Temporary File that we will now remove.

Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
Usage Instructions:

• Download TFC from the link above and save the file on your desktop.
  • Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
  • Double-click on the TFC icon - Vista, Win7, & 8, users - Right click and select "Run as administrator"
  • When the program opens, click on the Start button. 
  • TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
  • When done, press OK and reboot your computer and finish the cleanup.

- IMPORTANT -

Where are you attempting to download .exe files from, and what are they for ??

Please download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Thank You -

#3 Lullay

Lullay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hi and thank you for your help :)

So I've just downloaded Temp File Cleaner like you asked but I've tried running it tree times and each time I got a message telling me that "Windows has met a critical problem and will now be restarting". It's basically what it's telling me in French. And so it keeps turning off in the middle of me running TFC.

Is that normal ? I don't think it is. Should I keep trying ?

Edit : I just tried again and my computer freezed. All I could see was my background picture and nothing else. I couldn't turn it off, I couldn't cancel TFC, nothing. All I could do was force it off. So again, what should I do ????

Edit 2 : Tried again, this time it worked but I have two weird desktop.ini files on my desktop. What are they ?

As for your question, I'm downloading them from a forum where I'd never had any problems before. They're always uploaded by the administrator of said forum and they're just hidden object games my siblings play on this computer. I think my problems started 6 days ago at most and prior to that, I had never encountered any such problem.

Check-up Txt :

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.77  
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)  
 Internet Explorer 10 Out of date!
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
avast! Antivirus   
 Antivirus up to date!   
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
 Java™ 6 Update 31  
 Java version out of Date!
 Adobe Flash Player 10 Flash Player out of Date!
 Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.152  
 Adobe Reader 9 Adobe Reader out of Date!
 Mozilla Firefox (25.0.1)
 Google Chrome 28.0.1500.72  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc.exe  
 AVAST Software Avast AvastUI.exe  
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: =
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Edited by Lullay, 18 November 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Good Morning (from here) 7.00 AM -

If you Right click and select "Run as administrator" this should never happen with TFC ??

TFC operates in all languages, as it cleans M/soft Temp Files - - - -

Basic problems to fix -

Java™ 6 Update 31 
Java version out of Date! Version7 Update45 is current.
Delete All the old versions from Programs and Features.
Adobe Flash Player 10 Flash Player out of Date! Version 11.9 is current.
Adobe Reader 9 Adobe Reader out of Date! Version XI (11.0.04) is current
NOTE: DO NOT accept any extras and add-ons with these downloads as they are only advertising! !

As for your question, I'm downloading them from a forum where I'd never had any problems before.
I do need to know the site to check if it has infected your computer or even worse .......

Thank You -

#5 Lullay

Lullay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Good afternoon from here :)

I did right click and run the program as administrator and it worked in the end but now I have weird translucent files appearing in all of my files. They keep appearing even if I delete them and this happened as soon as I ran the program for the first time. The most recurring is the desktop.ini file I mentioned in my post yesterday. Any idea how I can get rid of them ?

I have fixed the basic problems so thank you for that.

As for the website it's here and the only files I download are from here specifically. I have tried with this file here thinking maybe I had a problem with only the format in which the other came but after I tried, I ended up with two half-files in .rar that can't be merged because one is apparently named differently. The second part has a "<--" attached to it and can't be renamed.

I must admit your three little dots are freaking me out.

Anyways, thank you for your help ! I really appreciate it :)

Edited by Lullay, 19 November 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

noknojon is going to be unavailable for a couple of days and asked me to continue assisting you.

Two of those links from Wendy's Forum require a userid and password to login.

You say this download issue occurs while using Firefox...do you have the same problem with IE?

Try running TFC in safe mode....then do the following.

Please download and run RKill by Grinler. A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).

Please download Junkware Removal Tool thisisujrt.gif by thisisu and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all open programs and shut down any protection/security software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Double-click on JRT.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log file named JRT.txt will automatically open and be saved to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply.
These tools will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons and other junkware as well as related registry entries (values, keys) and remnants.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users