Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Paid the CryptoLocker ransom but files were missed? Try this...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Moses_of_Egypt

Moses_of_Egypt

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

My friend's company got hit by Cryptolocker and they bought the key, but their computers got moved around before they paid. This meant that not all the files got decrypted because the registry paths pointing to them were no longer valid.

I wrote a python script to take care of the missed files for them. As long as you have the private key this program will take care of the rest. Anyone who needs it can download it from my deviantart. I'm not charging for it since my friends company already paid me to write it and I think it'd be wrong of me to make anyone who bought the key pay even more. I'd feel like I'd be on the same level as the bastards who wrote Cryptolocker.

the program is here

http://chief-01.deviantart.com/art/Crypto-Unlocker-413774308

I'd be very appreciative if someone who knows python would look the program over for me and verify it's legitimacy so that I don't get a bunch of people here saying "New user, zipped folder, potentially a virus, don't download."

NOTE: This program will NOT decrypt files unless you have the RSA private key. Unless you're REEEEAAAALLLLYY good at factoring or you bought the key this program will not help you. This is basically to fix incomplete cryptolocker decryptions.

Edited by Moses_of_Egypt, 17 November 2013 - 11:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moses_of_Egypt

Moses_of_Egypt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

I have updated the program to allow you to also use exported registry keys as an RSA key instead of being limited to .bin files

Also, anyone that finds this helpful please let me know. It's nice to have helped :)

Edit:

I now realize I didn't make this clear, DON'T have the example private keys in the same folder as the key you're trying to use. The program might pick those example keys first and use them instead of the correct key. That was my bad lol. I guess I didn't think ahead enough. If you're having trouble decrypting files try moving the example keys into another folder or deleting them if you don't think you need them.

Edited by Moses_of_Egypt, 21 November 2013 - 01:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users