Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My anti-virus program blocked one of my programs. How to reverse this?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigbrown411

bigbrown411

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

So, my anti-virus software that I paid for (Webroot SecureAnywhere) detected that utorrent was a dangerous program on my computer, and urged me to block it. I, by accident, said yes to this. I tryed to seed a file, but couldn't because I couldn't connect to utorrent because Webroot SecureAnywhere blocked it. I deleted utorrent and plan to re-install it. I just wanted to know that if by deleting and re-installing utorrent, will this reverse the damage I did. How can I un-block utorrent?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

I have no opinion as to the harmfullness or otherwise of utorrent, but your problem is not with the utorrent software, but with the fact that your AV has classified it as harmful, and, having uninstalled the utorrent software your AV may well stop you re-installing it !

The cure is to go into the control panel of your AV and create an exception there to allow utorrent to run. I can't give detailed advice on how to do this Webroot SA because I am not familiar with it, but if the method is not reasonably obvious try the Webroot help, FAQs, support and their forums.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users