Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mamabear58

mamabear58

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 20 November 2004 - 05:07 AM

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]
:inlove: help!!! my computer keeps crashing unexpectedly :flowers: . microsoft says it's due to a device driver, but i checked each one out and they all work properly. when i checked the Advanced System Information, I discovered I get a strange error message each time the computer crashes " source- MRxSmb, the master browser has recieved a server announcement from the computer HAL2 that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_ " it also lists a series of numbers after and says the browser is stopping or an election is being forced. the windows help said that message had something to do with full-duplex and half-duplex network interface cards. i say :cool: and feel so very very :trumpet: because i've only had this thing 6 monthes. thanks from the Mamabear :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:39 AM

Could you post the error message "word for word"?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jayt6995

jayt6995

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:25 PM

Do you do online gameing? Are you running a network? tg1911 is right we would need to see the exact message in its enitreity..

#4 jayt6995

jayt6995

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:44 PM

I thought this looked familiar, go to this link and look at this dicussion this may help you.. http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_...Q_20846280.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users