Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it me or is it Apple?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

Yes I know it is me? I download icloud onto my Ipad,MacBook Air and my W7 laptop but do you think I can fiqure out how to use it NOPE!

I thought I had uploaded a couple of photographs to icloud but they are nowhere to be found when I log back in. Someone I spoke to suggested dumping icloud and go for sky drive which can be used on Apple macines but before I do I thought I would ask the whiz kids here on the site for your very learned and helpful ideas which you have given me since joining! Thank you. :bowdown:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

What do you mean by "log back in"?  

Do you mean going to the iCloud website and logging into your iCloud account there?

If so, then that is not how photos work with iCloud.  There is no way to access your photos online with iCloud.  It is purely a "sync" service for photos.  If you turn on Photostream on your devices, then iCloud will sync those photos between your devices.  For your iPad, your synced photos will appear in the Photo app.  For your MacBook Air, by default, your photos will appear in iPhoto.  For your Windows 7 computer. you specify which folder your want your photos to be put in from within the iCloud Control Panel.

If you want the ability to go to a website to see your photos, then you will need to use some other service such as SkyDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, or one of many photos services such as Photobucket, etc.

Or do you mean that a photo from iPad is not show up on your MBA or Windows 7 laptop even though you have you iPad set to use Photostream with your Camera Roll?

If so, then make sure your have Photostream turned on in the iCloud setting on both your MBA and Windows 7.

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:19 AM

I see, so that's how it works Smax013? as I have said before I am finding it hard to get the hang of using Apple after about 15 years using Windows. Many thanks again for your help I really appreciate it. I will have a go shortly and see how I go... :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users