Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lawsuit Against Epson

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swas

swas

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:25 PM

Hi all, I just received a notice in the mail saying that epson is going to settle a class action lawsuit against it. In regards to printer ink. I was just wondering if anyone else got this????

epson settlement

thanks

swas
How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 awg1011

awg1011

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:19 PM

I got one. It says I have $45 to waste at Epson's online store.... I don't even have an Epson anymore, I guess I'll be getting some paper.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:46 PM

I got one, too.

I got one. It says I have $45 to waste at Epson's online store.... I don't even have an Epson anymore, I guess I'll be getting some paper.

You have 3 options:
1. $45 E-Store credit
2. combination $25 check and $20 E-Store credit
3. 25% off E-Store purchase, for a total discount of up to $100
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 swas

swas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:59 AM

cool, I guess it is legit then. I haven't had an epson in 6 years so getting some paper is a very good idea LOL

later

swas

Edited by swas, 03 May 2006 - 03:59 AM.

How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:38 PM

Some of the particulars:

What Is The Lawsuit About?
The Settlement resolves a class action lawsuit filed in California and other state courts. Plaintiffs assert claims against Epson America, Inc. ("EAI") based on various legal theories, including breach of contract, breach of implied warranties, unjust enrichment, fraudulent concealment, violations of California Business and Professions Code Sections 17200, etseq., and violations of the California Consumers Legal Remedies Act, California Civil Code Sections 1750, etseq., relating to the performance and other characteristics of Epson inkjet printer cartridges. Among other things, Plaintiffs allege that Epson inkjet printers and inkjet cartridges indicate that cartridges are "empty" and suspend printer function, even though substantial ink remains. EAI has denied and continues to deny the claims and any wrongdoing, but has decided to settle to-avoid the cost and inconvenience of litigation. The Court has not issued any rulings about the validity of the claims.
The parties have agreed to settle this lawsuit and provide members of the Settlement Class with certain benefits. Plaintiffs' counsel believe that the Settlement is fair, reasonable and in the best interests of Settlement Class Members.

Who Is Included In The Settlement?
The "Settlement Class" certified by the Court for settlement purposes is defined as all persons, sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations or any other entities located within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who, on or after April 8,1999 and through May 8,2006: (i) purchased, leased or otherwise received any Epson inkjet printer ("Epson InkJet Printer") (specifically including, but not limited to, Epson Stylus printers (desktop and photo models), PictureMate printers and Epson Pro model printers (ProGraphics printers, large format printers and proofing printers) but excluding Epson branded point of sale receipt printers); and who (ii) purchased, utilized or otherwise received any inkjet cartridge for an Epson InkJet Printer ("Epson Ink Cartridge"). A complete list of qualifying printers is available at www.epsonsettlement.com. Excluded from the class are EAI, any person or entities who distribute, sell or service Epson InkJet Printers, and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers and directors. Also excluded from the class is any judge, justice or judicial officer presiding over this matter and the members of their immediate families and judicial staff. A "Settlement Class Member" means a person and/or entity who falls within the definition of the Settlement Class.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users