Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant open any admin files/programs, please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 justinstew21

justinstew21

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Earlier today my PC crashed while playing a video game. It went to a red screen and restarted. I wasn't too worried at the time it had happened a couple times already with the game I had been playing so I thought it was just a game glitch

When it restarted I went to open up Firefox to browse but accidentally hit windows media player and when it came up it just froze right away. I tried to open tsk manager and that wouldnt open. Internet still worked though so I ignored it and thought it was a random glitch. But now I've realized after coming back windows media player is still stuck, can't open tsk manager, can't start firewalls, can't get into control panel, and if I tight click on any application and hit run as admin itopen an error box saying it didnt respond In a timely fashion. I'm suspecting malware idk, sorry if it didn't make sense or had errors I wrote this on my phone, I'm off computer just in case but Firefox still works

Edit: this is probably in the wrong section, sorry! Idk how to change it though.....

Edited by justinstew21, 17 November 2013 - 02:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

I am guessing you are running Windows 8, if you got a red screen.  Really need to know the error that came up when your system crashed, by downloading "Who Crashed", and posting the results from the dump log from when your system crashed.

Fyi, you need to post what OS you are running, what version of FF, what game or program you were using when the system crashed, etc., in order to get better help.  Just stating that your system crashed, and now everything is fine, is like walking into the doctor's office, and telling them that you had a bad sinus infection, but it is gone now, and then trying to get them to prescribe you medication for clearing something up that has gone away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users