Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LoadPerf.dll - Unable to install programs/Errors in Event Viewer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jennifergib7

jennifergib7

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Earlier this week I had scanned this computer, Dell 4600 dt, with Malwarebytes & Avira (free), found nothing.  To be honest after that I really can't remember what the computer was doing, but it wasn't acting normal.  Please forgive me, I am working on several faulty pc's at the moment. 

After those two scans, a day/two later I scanned with other Malware Tools, TDSSKiller and Chameleon, and one of those found something and I immediately deleted it.  Whatever it was destablized the system enough that I ended up doing a system restore to the day before I ran those two, so I am back where I started.

I did the latest updates from MS and I wanted to check the drivers on this pc with a tool on the Dell website.  I have it downloaded/saved to dtop, but when I click to execute I get 'Cannot Start the App.  Contact the vendor'.

I went to Event Viewer, Application and there are several: 

ERROR:  LoadPerf  EVENT: 3001, the performance counter name string in the registry is incorrectly formatted.  The bogus string is 20908, bosus index value is the 1st DWORD in Data Section while the last valid index values are the second & third DWORD in the Data Section. 

ERROR:  LoadPerf  EVENT:  3011, unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl failed.  The error code is the 1st DWORD in data section. 

ERROR:  .NET runtime 2.0 error reading EVENT: 5000,  event type clr20r3, P1 addinutil.exe.......

Several

WARNING:  MSiInstaller  EVENT:1015

WARNING:  Userenv  EVENT: 1517

Performace Logs/Alerts:

THERE ARE NO ITEMS TO SHOW IN THIS VIEW.

Thanks and I appreciate any help.  I did go to the files here on the forum and saw where there was a download for LoadPerf.dll, I am just not advanced enough to mess with the registry.  I was hoping to get some guidance.

Edited by Budapest, 17 November 2013 - 03:17 AM.
Moved from XP ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jennifergib7

jennifergib7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Sorry I wanted to attached the error I get with the Dell tool.

Attached Files

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

Can you post the log of the detected item? It would help us in helping you.

#4 jennifergib7

jennifergib7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

I posted the one from the Dell application in the second post.  Just tell me what/how..

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

The TDSS Killer Log should be in the root of your C: Drive via My Computer, and I am not sure where the log for Chameleon would be as I am not familiar with that program.

#6 jennifergib7

jennifergib7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

ok

Attached Files

#7 jennifergib7

jennifergib7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

I am now remembering what this computer was doing before I started running rootkits.  Every time I tried to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, it would freeze up during the scan and would not complete.  So I was assuming this pc had a virus.  Just more info.

#8 jennifergib7

jennifergib7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

It had some malware issues.  You can close this thread.

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

What malware was on it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users