Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there some way I can find out how much Mega bytes I use

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bush Lady

Bush Lady

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Is there a program I can download to find out how much mega bytes I use, say in a month. I am on dial-up right now and want to get high-speed. The only thing that is available for me is some kind of package. The more I use, the bigger package I need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

What do you download, and what do you do on the internet is the more important question.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Check the website of your internet provider. See if they have a "Check your usage/View your usage" feature.

If you don't see it post back with the name of your provider and someone else can double check.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

There are programs for measuring your usage. Read the article linked below.

I have downloaded and scanned with VirusTotal the program Bitmeter OS and it contains no malware. It's free and open source.

It is wise today to always pay close attention when installing free ware to choose custom install when offered and watch for

offers such as toolbars/ adware/ , etc. that you need to UNcheck before running installer.

How to Monitor Your Bandwidth | PCWorld

Download from here: Download Bitmeter OS | PCWorld

EDIT: I wanted to add that your usage will go up once you no longer have dialup and use a high speed DSL, cable, wifi or satellite.

All those things you avoided before such as videos of newscast, music videos, etc. will now be easily viewable.

Edited by buddy215, 17 November 2013 - 07:25 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users