Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a budget laptop/Desktop that can display 1920x1200

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Favre-orite

Favre-orite

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

So is that a misnomer?

He has a Dell Monitor U2413 for use as a secondary monitor for photo editing, but he's stuck with a 3-4 yr old Toshiba Satellite laptop L655-S5150. It has no HDMI and a max res of 1366x768, I set him up with a DVI-D cable connected to the monitor and put a j5create JUA350 connected to pc by usb slot to its box with hdmi out that has the included HDMI out that has a DVI female(?) interconnect to plug into the monitors Dvi-D cable. This j5create unit supports 1920x1200 native pass-through (the monitor is 16:10)  http://www.j5create.com/our-products/external-video-adapters/jua350.html

This pc will not even be hooked up online (imagine that, huh), and will have liitle to none extra apps and programs. He just wants to get the weak link out of his setup - that being the Toshiba. It will be strictly used for photo editing and display so he can print with his industrial size Epson printer w/o wasting ink and paper. He knows exactly what he wants out of a print, but taking advantage of the monitors hi res and extremely accurate color capabilities.

I'll consider all options from a new or used laptop, desktop, build-your-own pc.  creative, unorthodx whatever way to get it done as affordably as possible. An adequate amount of ram too I suppose.

TIA.

Edited by Favre-orite, 16 November 2013 - 08:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users