Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer monitor blinking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dadtried

dadtried

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

My computer:

HP Pavilion

Processor            AMD A8-5600K

Memory              8 GB

System Type      64 bit

Use both IE 10 and Firefox 24

My Problem:

My computer is blinking!  It blinks about every three minutes.  The whole monitor blinks.

Each time it blinks the cursor turn from a pointer to a busy for about one second.

If a pull down list is open, it will close on a blink

If I am filling in an answer  pull down the pull down will close and clear on a blink.

Certain games such as Peggle Delux miniaturize to the tool tray each time it blinks.

If I am writing in Word all letters typed during the blink disappear but not the ones  typed before and after the blink

Not every time but about every 10 blinks, Firefox errors out and closes

I have Norton Antivirus running.  Also use Speed Up My PC and CCleaner on a daily basis.

I have tried a different monitor and the blink still happens.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

First, if you could do the following this would help us to better serve you.

Go to Piriform's website, and click the big download.png button.
  • Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.
  • You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

====================

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

speccyq.png
  • Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
You will see the following prompt:
publish.png
  • Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
copydi.png

====================

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the reply.png button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Congrats! You have just posted your specs! :)

Thank you and I'll be waiting for your next reply.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

What happens if you boot into Safe mode with Windows, or use a Linux Live DVD.  Does it do the same behavior?  How old is this monitor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users