Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is literally dead - please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 erjorgito

erjorgito

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

So I was playing Assassins Creed: Black Flag on my computer with MotionInJoy to play with my PS4 controller. Suddenly the screen shut off and the message on the monitor come up to say its found a new source e.g. av1 or whatever, the sound ingame was also frozen on a loop - it stayed like this for about 25s and then the computer crashed.

On the first reload it come up with something about looking for drives, then it said non found but the weird thing was that it wasn't a normal black load up screen, it had like big blue blocks on it as well. All through the first load up there are lots of small green horizontal lines all over the screen. It gets to the screen where it has the windows logo in the middle and it is loading up and then it freezes and restarts to do the whole process again. I have got it working by using Safe Mode and have got into the actual computer but the green lines are still there, I have looked through the event log and below are the few things I thought looked important.

- Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
 - The previous system shutdown at 16:56:30 on ‎16/‎11/‎2013 was unexpected.
 - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: AVGIDSDriver Avgldx64 discache spldr Wanarpv6
 - The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start.
 - DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service stisvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:{A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

I did a bit of googling and my best guess is something to do with the hardware which would suck or the better situation of a driver problem, I really suck at this sort of stuff so any help would be appreciated so much.

Basic info:
 - Windows 7 
 - GTX 580
 - i7-2600k
 - 8gb RAM
 - AVG is installed
 - MotionInJoy drivers are installed

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by erjorgito, 16 November 2013 - 12:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

The AVGIDSDriver is part of your AVG security system, this link will expain more :

http://www.runscanner.net/lib/AVGIDSDriver.sys.html

You can either download it through that web-site, or perhaps better still, re-install your AVG software. As you say you can run your computer in safe mode, if you use safe mode with networking you can get on-line.

However, this is unlikely to have affected the properties of your on-screen display - but it may have affected the drivers !  Once you have sorted out your AVG problem, I would suggest uninstalling all your video drivers through 'Control Panel / Programs and features' and re-installing them. If this doesn't sort out your problems, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 16 November 2013 - 07:32 PM.

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users