Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen keeps going black

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Renolidor

Renolidor

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

After starting up my desktop and using it for some time, the screen will randomly go black. I'm not doing anything specific when it does, and the time between start-up and the screen going black can vary from 5-10 minutes. At this point I'm forced to manually restart the computer. Upon reboot, the screen will remain black, and the GPU hums loudly. It can take several reboots for the GPU to stop humming and get the screen working again, after which it may go black again after a random interval, or remain functional for ~3 hours before I power down. 

My desktop was built by a friend, about 5 years ago. The graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275. I have updated its drivers after this started happening.

This seems to have started happening after I briefly used streamtv a couple weeks ago. I was careful not to click anywhere unnecessarily. Malwarebytes scans have revealed no findings.

Any help or advice in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hi Renolidor. How is everything running? Sorry for the late replies as most members tend to get busy at times.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users