Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with NTOSKRNL.EXE........am i infected?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ross78

ross78

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hallo , i have a serious problem with my pc.

In the last month i have one or more daily BSOD - of my Windows 7 - 64 bit. 

In this machine i use Photoshop, Illustrator , Indesign , Maxon Cinema 4d and Autodesk autocad.

I dont use overclock - i have 8 gb ram - ATi radeon hd8500 - 3 hard disk - processor AMD 

Looking for a solution in internet i read about Blue screen wiever and i discovered that the driver tha alway cause the crash is "NTOSKRNL.EXE"

I also read that there are many reasons that may block this driver. Then i did the following steps :

- a full scan with Malaware Byte 

- a full scan with Kaspersky Pure 3.0 antivirus (it found and deleted a visrus attached at cad file)

- an hour scan with Mem test (no - errors)

- scf scannow

- updated the ati HD8500 drivers and tested the hardware with OCCT

- used hijack this (but i cant understand a lot of the report :(

- used CPUID monitor : temperatures seems normal

After these steps the situation is chanced because the system crash specially when

- i run Combofix in normal mode (in the safe mode of windows Combofix complete the scan and deleted a file in flash player folder.......dont know why)

- i run Windows defender

The processor  always run  between 5% and 25% and ram  used is always about 1.9 GB : this is not normal for this machine i think i never seen this values before. The fans run very fast.

Can it be a virus ? Or some other hardware problem? ...........really dont know what to do, and i dont want to format if it is possible.

Thanks to ones that will help me

Ross

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ross78

ross78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

A little update............

- i tried Malware antirootkit..............pc crashes;

- I tried aswMBR .............pc crashes.

now i havent BSOD when pc crash but only a messed up screen and total block of machine. I have to restart with the button in the case.

Any suggestion?  :smash:  :smash:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

Since you have run ComboFix and have the CF log...please follow Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and initiate a new topic in the forum containing the Prep Guide.  In addition to pasting in the DDS log requested, please include the ComboFix log you already have.

Once that is done, this topic will be closed.

Louis

#4 ross78

ross78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

Thank you louis for your answer and indication.  I did the new topic in the right section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users