Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple BSODs ntoskrnl.exe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hellomello13

hellomello13

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

I built my computer in mid September (Windows 7 x64). At the end of October it had its first bsod, and since then it has crashed around once a week. Sometimes the BSOD crash occurs after I've plugged in or unplugged a usb device or during an attempted shutdown, and once I got a BSOD while watching a video. After each crash, the minidump puts different drivers at fault, but one that is recurring is ntoskrnl.exe. At one point, I thought avast might have been causing problems, so I uninstalled it, but after a few days the computer blue screened again.

Looking at posts from people with similar issues, it seems like I might have a hardware issue of some sort on my hands.How can I figure out where the issue really is and whether it is a software or hardware issue?

Please let me know what other info/logs I should provide about my issue.

Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

:welcome: to the forum mate.

Please follow the below steps.

:step1: Upload the actual crash dump files.

You will find the crash dump files inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder. To copy the dumps, disable "User Account Control" first. Otherwise you may receive a permission error. After disabling UAC, copy and zip most recent three or more dumps to a single file. Either attach the zip with next reply using "More reply options --> Attach files" or use a free file hosting site. 

:step2: Publish a snapshot of your system using Speccy.

"Speccy" is a free tool which can list the hardware specs, temperature status, installed Windows updates, HDD SMART info etc of your system. Please read the below tutorial to know how to use "Speccy" to collect system info.

Don't paste the output displayed by "Speccy" here. Instead paste the web link it displays.

:step3: Minitoolbox log.

"Minitoolbox" can list all the installed programs as well as event log errors in your system. Download "Minitoolbox" from the below link.

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

List last 10 Event viewer errors
List installed program
List users, partition and memory size
List Minidumps

Now click "Go" and post the output displayed in next reply.

#3 hellomello13

hellomello13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Minidump:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/c5ub59o3j7n2w/Minidump

Speccy Snapshot:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/WG5sKItVuthioshpTcyKYlZ

MiniToolBox Output is attached.

Attached Files

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hi

There are multiple driver issues in your system. Please follow the below steps.

:step1: Uninstall MotioninJoy.

"MotioninJoy" is poorly coded and known to cause BSOD in Windows 7.  This driver is solely responsible for the USB related blue screens you are experiencing.

BugCheck 10D, {5, 0, 1202, fffffa800f320e40}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MijXfilt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MijXfilt.sys
Probably caused by : MijXfilt.sys ( MijXfilt+363a 

Please uninstall "MotioninJoy" completely from the system by following instructions from the below link ( you may need to plug the controller) .

http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/help/uninstall

Keep the PS3 controller disconnected from the system after uninstall. SONY doesn't support plugging a PS3 controller to a PC. It is made for PS3 and it should be only used with that.

:step2: Update Ethernet driver.

Several crash dumps blames your LAN driver as the reason behind the crashes.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bflwfx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bflwfx64.sys
Probably caused by : bflwfx64.sys ( bflwfx64+8da6 )

First download and save latest LAN drive from the below link.

http://www.msi.com/service/download/driver-20596.html

Then uninstall Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager (Version: 6.1.0.583) and restart the system. Now install the latest driver downloaded earlier.

:step3: Update "OpenVPN" driver.

One of the dump blames "OpenVPN" driver which came bundled with a number of software.

BugCheck A, {fffff98007cb4e48, 2, 1, fffff80002520c70}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tap0901.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tap0901.sys
Probably caused by : tap0901.sys ( tap0901+30bf )

To update the driver, please download and install the latest version of "OpenVPN" from the below link.

http://swupdate.openvpn.org/community/releases/openvpn-install-2.3.2-I003-x86_64.exe

There is also a video related BSOD issue which might be caused by "Battlefield 4". Check whether there is a driver update available in "Nvidia" support site. If available, remove the old driver and update.

Report how the system works after following the above steps. If the issue continues, upload the latest crash dumps with next reply.

#5 hellomello13

hellomello13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

Okay, thank you very much for the instructions. I've made the changes, so I'll wait and see, and hopefully the problems are fixed.

#6 rasugo

rasugo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:58 AM

Experienced the same problem since months as n number of BSOD's caused by NTOSKERNEL.EXE every time with a new error defined before restarting the machine.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 
Windows 10 Pro X64

Both versions of windows OS experienced the same concern as formatting the entire HDD was the last option to resolve the glitch BUT the issue was related to the threading & processing of the CPU installed on the board.

Intel DH55TC , Intel i3 2.99Ghz Second Gen , 8 GB DDR3 RAM 1666 Mhz

Hence what you need to do is very simple. Just follow the steps :- 

1. Boot into BIOS setup via F2/DEL key.
2. Toggle to EXIT tab with the help of ARROW KEYS.
3. Highlight "LOAD OPTIMAL DEFAULTS/LOAD SETUP DEFAULTS/LOAD FACTORY DEFAULTS" with ARROW KEYS.
4. Hit ENTER KEY than YES/OK to proceed.
5. Hit F10 to save the current settings than YES/OK to proceed.

Note :- After restarting the machine REMOVE all third party software & applications. Run Malware Bytes scan & remove threats if you don't have a LICENSED ANTI-VIRUS.

Hope this helps...In case of any query reply back to me for better assistance.

CHEERS...!!

Attached Files

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:33 AM

I'm sure that the 2013 topic...has been resolved.  IMO, no point in posting responses that the OP will never read.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users