hi ya’ all,
So with the haunting 8 April lurking in the corner, and the holidays are just an arm reach I’ve finally decided to make my pongee jump
My 9 year old laptop Inspiron 1150 however it looks as if it can outlast me, sadly enough it’s too old for the new guy in the block, Windows 8 is what I mean. I could upgrade the RAM to 1GB and dual XP with W7; but form what I’ve read in this great forum W7 would be slow, plus I’m not sure about W7 drivers compatibility. After giving it a long thought I made up my mind to see if I can get a new laptop with W8 & W7.
So the other day I went to a local computer shop to inform about the possibility of getting such a laptop; according to the guy in the shop I should be able to buy W7 and dual with W8 on a new laptop with a pre-installed W8 on it. So here comes my first question, though divided in secondaries:
If you have both W7 & W8 on your PC would you care to explain the followings please:
- How are they installed?
- How is the performance?
- Is there any conflict or instability?
My second question goes about the hardware. But I guess I should first mention what should I be using the laptop for:
- Intensive simultaneous internet use for researching, with multi You tube clips at the same time
- Video & photo editing/ Music mixing
- Website hosting
I’ve a general idea about the hardware:
- 1 SSD 120 (?) GB for both OS’s, your advice on a good quality brand please
- 1 HDD 3 TB for data
- 1 Extern SSD 120 for OS’s Partitions' Images
- 1 Extern HDD 500 GB for data backups
- CPU Your advice please
- GUI Your advice please
- RAM 16 GB
- ≥ 17,3” Screen
- Robust brand that could last 9 years, maybe more
- Both wired & wireless Ethernet adapters
- Did I forget anything?
- Of course USB 3.0 ports
Please your thoughts about this laptop setup!
I would go for up to € 1000 which is about $ 1350.