Okay let's see if we can get this problem under control.
First, in order for me to help you better, I need you to post some information about your computer.
- Go to Piriform's website, and click the big button.
Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.
You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
- After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
- Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
You will see the following prompt:
Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
Congrats! You have just posted your specs!
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- List Minidump Files
- List Restore Points
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Thanks in advance and hopefully you can get these two tools to run, that would help me out a lot.
Edited by MrBruce1959, 16 November 2013 - 11:41 PM.