Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After HitmanPro - Explorer.exe does not load

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thegame310

thegame310

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

HI all. 

First, let me say that I am a long time lurker of these forums, and thankfully I've never had to post as I've found everything I've ever needed (until today) on the web page or the forums. 

To tell you a little about the computer in question it is a Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) connected to a domain. 

Before I was called in to troubleshoot and repair the situation, one of their employees found an online tutorial and used HitmanPro to remove the infection, however she kept saying me that nothing is loading, and that's when I was called in. 

Long story short, the PC boots up and I CTRL+ALT+DELETE to sign in, and I just get the command prompt saying specified path cannot be found. I type in explorer and it loads and is A okay. 

Of course I hit google to see what I could find and all I can find is different forums discussing the registry keys to make sure they haven't changed (Example: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1674756/cmd-prompt-appears-booting-windows-hitmanpro-remove-trojan.html#.)

And, they haven't. So, I'm sort of at a loss at what to do next. When I launch explorer it's fine, but I really need it to auto load as this is in a business and not everyone knows how to have it auto load. 

Oh! This does seem to only be affecting 1 user. I logged in as the domain admin and everything was fine. 

I won't be able to physically work on the machine until tomorrow morning, but any insight ya'll could give would be fantastic and I can update the situation then. 

Thanks! 

Edited by hamluis, 15 November 2013 - 05:41 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hello and sorry that your topic is still waiting here -

As these were caused by Hitman Pro, please repost so our Experts can check this -

Please follow the instructions in THIS PREP GUIDE starting at Step #6.

NOTE - If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper DDS logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it to =>
Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs. area -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users