Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can You Help Me Find an "half height" video card?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HaterSlayer

HaterSlayer

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hey guys I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. Today my video out stopped working on my PC. It's integrated, but a new video card should get me around this problem. However my PC is a Dell Dimension C521 and it has one of those skinny towers. I can find video cards online that fit it, but the problem is I work from home and can't wait for shipping(of course the video out goes out on the day after my "weekend" of Tuesday and Wednesday). So I need to head to Best Buy. However it doesn't seem to say if they are the smaller type like they do on newegg. 

If they don't say does it mean that they aren't? If that isn't the case can you guys let me know which on their website is that type of card? Oh and performance has NOOOO bearing on this. I just want a card that will show a picture on my PC. I only use the PC for work and surfing the web. I'd link to Best Buy, but I'm posting on my PS3. Thanks for your help  

Edit: Just remembered the actual name is "low profile" :P

Edited by HaterSlayer, 15 November 2013 - 04:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/geforce-210-1gb-ddr3-pci-express-2-0-graphics-card/1700647.p?id=1218282105105&skuId=1700647&st=video card&cp=1&lp=1

Man, I am having all sorts of problems copying links from the BestBuy site.

Anyway, the link above works.  What you are looking for is a card like this, with a half height board and the VGA connector connected by a cable to the PCB.  They come with swappable backplates to fit low profile cases, but you lose your VGA port, or whatever port is connected by the jumper.

Lots and lots of options at BestBuy, well over a dozen I saw from a quick look.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 HaterSlayer

HaterSlayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thanks so much for your help. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users