Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

messages in Inbox disappeared

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Randallw

Randallw

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

My inbox ( Outlook Express 6.0 ) has suddenly eliminated a lot of the messages; I still have everything up to Aug 25, 2012...everything between that day and what I retrieved a few hours ago is gone.

Last night I allowed OE to compress old messages, but then sucessfully retrieved mail a few times today until this problem. 

I do not seem to have the inbox.bak file; I emptied the Reycle Bin before noticing today's problem....where else could it have gone?

Antivirus is Trend Micro Titanium 2012....could this have corrupted the inbox file while scanning during retrieval?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users