Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tons of Error Logs, everything locks up. Please help!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pareeeee

Pareeeee

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hi.

I keep having problems with programs such as Firefox, Blender, etc. freezing up. The mouse will still move, but I cannot go to the desktop, nothing happens when ctrl+alt+del, ctrl+alt+exc, ctrl+shift+esc or alt+f4 are pressed. Eventually, after several minutes, either the task manager will come up, or the screen will just go black and I have to hard-reset.

This happened today at about 3:55pm. Had to hard reset at 4pm. I went to the device manager and this is what I see:

CS8ygmX.png

Running windows update right now.

I regularly update my Nvidia drivers.

Firefox updates itself.

Have run scans with Avast and MBAM and nothing turns up.

Here is my system information copied from dxdiag:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
System Model: NY540AA-ABL CQ5210F
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X2 215 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 2339MB used, 3800MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 142 DPI (147 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9500 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0640&SUBSYS_C9593842&REV_A1
Display Memory: 2286 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1007 MB
Shared Memory: 1279 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: PHILIPS
Monitor Id: PHL0000
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI

Edited by hamluis, 26 November 2013 - 03:34 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

~Pareeeee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chuck Devlin

Chuck Devlin

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Just a quick response.  You probably need to boot up from a rescue disk such as Hiren's or Sardu with Ultimate Boot CD and various anti-virus, rootket identifiers, and also anti-virus tools that will pick up zero-access rootkits, malware.  Without this I would recommend going to a computer service technician  who has this ability to thoroughly diagnosis your problem.  You either need to get  into Safe Mode or a bootable rescue dvd so you can run scans without the virus(es) getting in the way. 

Your post tells me this is somewhat new for you and if so you may be "out of your league" in diagnosing and resolving your problems.  This is not a negative statement, just a fact.

I hope this sheds some light on your current situation;

Chuck Devlin

#3 Pareeeee

Pareeeee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Are there ISO's available for these boot cd's that you can link to? Would be much appreciated.

What anti-rootkit programs do you suggest, and which would be better of the two, doing the boot-disk thing or running scans from safe-mode?

As long as I know what I need to do and which is the best way to do it, I can do it myself. I am not new to computers. I've had very few major viruses, and the ones I've had I've been able to fix on my own. This one is different. I've been struggling with this issue for a few weeks now.

Edited by Pareeeee, 14 November 2013 - 05:16 PM.

~Pareeeee

#4 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

try here:

https://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

#5 Chuck Devlin

Chuck Devlin

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

You may want to google "how to create Hiren's bootable dvd" and also SARDU.  You can download (if your computer lets you) the SARDU application and install it.  It is also self explanatory.  Also can download Hiren's ISO file and then can burn that to a DV

d.  There are many anti-virus apps plus the ultimate boot cd that you can create  on a iso file then burn that image to a dvd.  I use both - there are many, many anti-virus and root kits available.  Many times you need to run various ones to catch all problems.  One bit of advice - do not execute ComboFix as this utility is really for the most experienced technicians.  I do not touch this as their are many horror stories surrounding ComboFix being used as a first run.  It is only for experienced personnel and they use it as a last resort.

By booting up from a rescue disk the viruses are left helpless - much easier to find and remove.

Chuck Devlin

#6 Chuck Devlin

Chuck Devlin

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

One last bit of info as I am about to signoff.  Go to YouTube and search for videos from BRIT09.  Probably about 95% of his many videos are on virus, malware, etc. removal.  He explains how to manually remove them plus he goes over many of the free utilities that can be used for removal of viruses, malware, root-kits, encripted file issues.

With this knowledge you probably can solve your problems.

Best of Luck as I am about to sign off.

Chuck Devlin

#7 Pareeeee

Pareeeee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Sorry about the late response. Had to travel over the weekend for a funeral... :/

Alright, used Norton Power Eraser, found nothing. Downloaded and burned Hiren's bootable dvd, did tons of scans. MBAM found 4 threats: "Malware.Packer.Gen" (x3) and PUM.Hijack.Help. Spybot - S&D found 1: Anchor.Hss (PUPSC). Fixed all problems and booted normally.

Still freezing up from time to time. Sometimes Windows freezes/crashes/hangs when trying to open video files. Freezes/crashes/hangs often if I open uTorrent. Freezes/crashes/hangs sometimes while opening Firefox. All three of these have made me have to perform a hard-reset. Never happens when I play video games. Hangs sometimes when using Blender (3d modelling/rendering program) but not serious.

So. It froze up twice today, before and then after all the scans. Before, I opened a video in KM Player. Everything froze. CTRL+SHIFT+ESC etc did not work. Had to hard reset.

After all the scans I went to open uTorrent. Everything froze. Finally after 10 mins I got the Windows Task Manager to open. Found that it was not uTorrent but dllhost.exe that was using a HUGE amount of CPU. I hate ending windows processes but ended dllhost anyway, and the everything went back to normal.

Also, at the moment it froze up, this was found in the Event Viewer:

EVENT: 1022

.NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.1008 - There was a failure initializing profiling API attach infrastructure.  This process will not allow a profiler to attach.  HRESULT: 0x80004005.  Process ID (decimal): 4816.  Message ID: [0x2509].

PS: All fans are working and temps are at good levels.

Edited by Pareeeee, 19 November 2013 - 09:46 PM.

~Pareeeee

#8 Pareeeee

Pareeeee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

EDIT:

Uninstalled K-Lite Codec Pack, hoping it's maybe a codec causing dllhost to hang up on video thumbnails.

Doing a Disk Cleanup.

Will let you know how it turns out.

~Pareeeee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users