Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quickbooks 2012 file corruption

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Amna Umen

Amna Umen

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Afternoon,

I am the IT department at a small business that is using two versions of QuickBooks (2012 and 2013). From day one at this job my higher ups told me to not open up the 2012 Quickbooks files in the 2013 application which always perplexed me because I figured the 2013 version would update the 2012 file. But I was not about to test that theory.

Well apparently someone has because now the 2012 file is unable to be opened in any version of QuickBooks. Whenever the user tries to open the file the program hangs, becomes unresponsive and needs to be forced close. It has been this way for a week. We were able to get an old copy of the 2012 file working in 2013 but that is an old version and we would very much like to get back the most current version of the 2012 file. Quickbooks is not my specialty so I ask you the people who have dealt with it more to see if you know what is wrong with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

-AU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users