Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Mode USB, printer and connectivity problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DCG123

DCG123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hi all,

New here and hope you can help. I run a few old apps in XP as they were never migrated to
Vista. For a few years I've been using XP mode in Windows 7 and this has worked just fine. My pc was making too many worrying noises so I've got a new one and also a new copy of Windows 7 professional. Having launched Virtual pc and XP mode I find that (1) I can't attach USBs in the new environment and (2) I can't connect to a printer - when I try to "add printer" the system fails to find one despite the fact that I have one connected by USB cable to the host pc and that can print to it ok.  I can, however, see the USBs via the My Computer option from the start menu where they are listed at the bottom under "other". I can use this route to transfer files from them into the virtual machine environment. Not exactly seamless integration! My new pc has 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports and I've tried and failed to get the attachment to work on the 2.0 ones. I've reinstalled XP mode several times without success. I wonder whether it might be a network or connectivity problem. Any suggestions. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users