Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Every 10-15 seconds a DOS window opens for a fraction of a second

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 w411

w411

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Since updating to IE 11 yesterday, I have an ongoing problem, every 10 to 15 seconds a DOS window opens for a fraction of a second and then closes again.

I can't read anything in the window and have done a scan with MSE and Malwarebytes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

IE 11 is brand new and I too have just upgraded to it. While I don't use IE much I don't seem to be having this problem. The most likely cause is some bug in IE which MS will eventually work out. Unless this flashing DOS prompt is interfering with what you are trying to do, then it is more of a nuisance than anything else.

If it really is getting in the way, you could always try a different browser for a time - Chrome, Firefox etc.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 w411

w411
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

I got my solution in another thread so I will also post it here:

Here is a 60 second screen cast using Process Explorer:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cIXookVPkI

The popup at :42 actually showed up and let me see the error

\LastPass\FileBroker.exe  and the error is "Runtime reported exception 1722"

The upgrade to IE caused the LastPass plugin to crash, uninstalled and then reinstalled and it now seems fine.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hmmm...have you seen Reviews ?

Louis

#5 w411

w411
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

I have heard a few people are not happy with the latest version and while the premium version is very cheap (especially when packaged with Xmarks) the support is generally very poor from that company. 

When error messages like this one show up, you have no way of knowing whether is it is the IE version, the Chrome version, the Firefox version or the Opera version and when submitting a trouble ticket you have to select that you are need help for only one of those, no option for ALL of them. 

They do at least now have a global installer that makes it easier to put all versions on a system, but you still have to manually remove them all from each browser when UNinstalling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users